Tuesday 10 April 2018

Osprey

A vist to the Otter this afternoon primarily to look at the gulls resulted in no gulls but a lovely Osprey! I first picked up the bird due to the commotion of gulls that appeared over the town and then harassed the bird until it was lost to view as it headed east, hence not many gulls when I arrived on the estuary! 

Still, certainly no complaints as this was only my third Osprey on the patch. The previous two records were:
one over the golf course on 11th April 2013 
and a late bird on 30th October thanks to a timely text from Steve Waite after he had seen it on the Axe before heading my way!

I don't think I will be winning any awards for these shots, but at least they are identifiable!

Osprey, Otter Estuary 10th April 2018

Osprey, Otter Estuary 10th April 2018

Osprey, Otter Estuary 10th April 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment