Sunday 23 August 2009

Gnateaters, Toucanets, and the Hand of God!
Having recently returned from a trip to the Atlantic Forest, Brazil - I thought I would share a few of the bird highlights with you. However, the real BIG ONE was a true surprise on my return journey whilst waiting at Madrid airport! As I roamed Madrid's Terminal 4 wasting time for my connecting flight, I suddenly became aware of a photographer with his auto-shutter going balastic as he pointed his lens up against the glass divider between us and baggage reclaim for a recently arrived flight. I had a closer look and could see a swarthy looking stumpy bloke sat on some seats - yes it really was Diego Maradona! (Don't suppose I shall be writing those word in my blog ever again!). It was too good an opportunity to miss, so I just bowled through the doors and worried about how I would get back to my departure gate later! He looked pretty miserable and as much as I was tempted to get a photo next to him and ask which one was "the hand of god?" and could I touch it/break it - I'm sorry to say, I bottled it!
PS - Is that Tevez too!?

Black-cheeked Gnateater











Spot-billed Toucanet












Giant Snipe














Three-toed Jacamar
















Hand of God!
















No comments:

Post a Comment