Sunday 20 September 2009

Saturday 19th September
News today of 6 Glossy Ibis at nearby Seaton Marshes made me all the more determined to sit it out at the Otter and hope. Unfortunately, despite most of the day spent at the patch, no sign and the birds eventually headed east anyway! Highlights today were Yellow Wagtail again on the cricket pitch, 1 Sedge Warbler, 1 Snipe and Common Sandpiper on the estuary.
PS - Why is at that, just because you have a pair of bins around your neck that good old Jo Public always want to stop and talk to you!? How many times do I have to put up with people asking me "What have we got?" What have WE got, I don't know, What have YOU got! Then today, I had a variation on the theme as I am watching a Yellow Wag, and I get, "What are we missing?" Deep breath time.................

No comments:

Post a Comment