Monday 28 December 2009

December 28th
Firstly, I think I need to apologise about the lack of puddings and cakes over the festive period. I realise this is not a very good excuse, but I have literally been surrounded by Mince Pies and Double Cream, Chocolate Almonds, Roses selection box, Christmas Cake, Christmas Pudding, After Eights (a timelesss classic) and a classic Chocolate Log from the Lawn Bakery but to be honest, I have been so excited about shoveling in all these taste bud teasers that photographing such beauties was just way down on my list of priorities!
To make up for this, I am intending to do a Tea Shop Crawl with our good friends Walls and Dinger in the wet weather tomorrow.

Now back to birds - A look on the Otter today produced 34 Curlew, the long staying Whimbrel (William) and the highlight was watching somewhere between 9,000 - 10,000 starlings coming into roost - The most impressive display all winter!


No comments:

Post a Comment