Friday 2 July 2010

Work, Work, Work and some Play

An absence of blog entries of late due to work, but I still managed to slip in a couple of fine adult summer Gull-billed Terns at Bowling Green Marsh RSPB reserve on Monday night (28th June). A great sight to see and a good local twitch with all the usual suspects present!
I have recently turned my attention to Dragonflies & Damselflies and thanks to Russ's enthusiam I have started learning some of these great critters! Recent highlights in Devon have included Keeled Skimmer, Downy Emerald, Scarce Chaser and Red-eyed Damselfly.

Today, I had an opportune visit to Whixall Moss NNR in Shropshire after working in the area. Russ joined me where we enjoyed some local specialities including the cracking White-faced Darter and Large Heath Butterfly.

PS - Don't worry Cakes coming soon!

Male White-faced Darter


















Large Heath Butterfly

















Male Black Darter















Four-spotted Chaser

1 comment: