Friday 22 October 2010

Wagtails and Parakeet!

Friday 22nd October
Pretty quiet over the patch of late, though a single Glossy Ibis remains and the Starling roost is building in number with around 1,000 birds in recent nights. However, the biggest news came in the form of no less than than 3 migrant Grey Wagtails on the roof on 21st October to add to the Wheatears earlier in the Spring! Need to keep a special eye on our roof!

Finally, tonight on the patch, a call I instantly recognised from the South-East, alerted me to a Ring-necked Parakeet being mobbed by Jackdaws as it tried to find somewhere to roost! An unusual bird down here in the South West - Escape or a wandering bird from the ever increasing numbers in teh South-East?

1 comment:

  1. WHAAAAT!!! BLEEDIN RING-NECKED PARAKEET-BLEEDIN-KEET!!!! I sincerely hope the Otter produces something better than that when I visit, or you might find me kicking off in the Lawn!!!

    ReplyDelete