Wednesday 16 February 2011

Chipping (Dipping) Norton


Well, it has been a while since my last blog post and so thought I'd return with a good old fashioned DIP! Yep, that's right I found myself participating in some dirty twitching antics yesterday and was drawn to the town of Chipping Norton with a few hundred other waifs and strays, in the vain hope of seeing an ORIENTAL TURTLE DOVE. It was far from my favoured type of twitch, as we all loitered around a residential street hoping the bird would return to its favourite seeded garden patch. Needless to say, it did not re-appear after its early morning feed; despite the house owner's great hospitality as he allowed people into his house as more people queued outside his front door, hoping it might just return. The usual suspects were there, including "George Michael" and "Twitch Manager"  one guy even had a step-ladder to peer into gardens - oh dear!

On the positive, I caught up with old twitching friends Hamish and Wids and chatted about "the old days".

Never mind, I am sure we shall back again!

Now suffering with PFT, but that's another blog post! Toodle pip.


No comments:

Post a Comment