Wednesday 3 August 2016

Least Sandpiper at Blackhole Marsh, Seaton

Nothing like a bit of filthy "off-patch" twitching to start a Wednesday morning! Thanks to Mark Bailey for the text early this morning. Great to see this American wader again in the UK and much closer views than the last one I saw in Devon in 2005!

I am always as sucker for waders and Blackhole Marsh Reserve looked just great. Well worth a visit regardless of any rarities and a place I hope to be visiting a bit more often this Autumn!


Adult Least Sandpiper, Blackhole Marsh, Seaton

Adult Least Sandpiper, Blackhole Marsh, Seaton

Least Sandpiper and Dunlin

4 comments:

  1. superb series Chris, I was there late morning and it was a great bird at a very nice reserve. best J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love pic with Dunlin that illustrates just how tiny this species is. Nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers Brett - Waders are always great to see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. John! Shame I missed you - If you are still in Devon and near the Otter, let me know!

    ReplyDelete