Monday 10 October 2016

Tawny Pipit and YBW

This morning I walked the west cliffs again, nothing new but there seemed to more Chiffchaffs around and nice to see the Yellow-browed Warbler was still present (now its 4th day). 

This afternoon, I had a call from Matt to say he had just found a Tawny Pipit off Gore Lane, Exmouth so I headed over and the bird was on show immediately. A Devon tick for me - Good to see Matt, Brian, Terry and Spencer. A nice relaxed twitch!

Total respect to Matt, he always pulls it out of the bag and certainly inspires me to keep going! After seeing the bird, I felt I had to give a quick check of the Top Fields my end. Nothing new, but lots of Meadow Pipits, Skylarks building in number, Linnet and a single Wheatear. Top work Matt and thanks! You can read his account of finding the bird HERE

Tawny Pipit, Gore Lane Exmouth 10th October



Meadow Pipit, Top Cliffs, Budleigh Salterton

No comments:

Post a Comment