Tuesday 3 December 2019

Water Pipits, Dippers and Blackcaps

Helen and I had old friends Nigel and Claire to stay this weekend and we all enjoyed a good day out on the patch  where highlights included Cirl Bunting, Water Pipit and a Starling murmuration of around 1,000 birds on the Otter Estuary. As well as 6 Blackcaps in the garden and of course plenty of Claire's home made chocolate cake!

Yesterday, there were at least 5 Water Pipits in the wet fields north of White Bridge and today there were a minimum of 7 birds and I am pretty sure there are at least 10 birds, the largest count I have seen on the Otter. A pair of Dipper were singing on the River Otter this morning too, just north of White Bridge and the furthest south I have seen them.  
I made a very simple sound recording using my iPhone - See below.
A digiscoped photo of one of at least 10 Water Pipits adjacent to the River Otter

No comments:

Post a Comment