Saturday 12 November 2022

Firecrest and YBW

 A minimum of 4 Firecrests seen around Budleigh today, including a bird in the garden (spotted by the Mrs) and only the 2nd garden record. Other local highlights recently have included a flock of 21 Black-tailed Godwits on the ever changing Otter Estuary and my highest count for the site. I have also spent quite a bit of time looking for a Yellow-browed Warbler found by a local birder a few days ago. I always like to have a good look at any Yellow-browed Warblers at this time year, just in case of the optimistic potential for Hume's Leaf Warbler! It's a tricky bird to see, always moving around with the tit flock. As a result, I have only managed to see it very briefly and not heard it call, but as expected, it looks like a standard YBW from the brief photo opportunity I managed.

Firecrest, Budleigh Salterton

Yellow-browed Warbler, Budleigh Salterton

Black-tailed Godwits, LORP Site

No comments:

Post a Comment