Saturday 8 October 2016

YBW and Ring Ouzel

A good day on the patch today with lots of variety. Finally a calm day and it felt rare too!

The Yellow-browed Warbler was still present this evening, but pretty elusive and not very vocal, similar to when I found it yesterday. It seems to favour the hawthorns and sycamores and is in pretty much the exact same spot as the one I found in 2014.
Best bird of the day was a Ring Ouzel just below West Down Beacon and surprisingly, the first I have seen on the patch. 
Other birds included Firecrest, 1 Wheatear, 1 Whinchat, Crossbill and Siskin over, House Martin, Swallow and good numbers of Song Thrush.

Also yesterday, I had an unseasonal count of 12 Sandwich Tern off the west cliffs. I was first alerted to them as they were calling a lot and then as I moved up the coast path they vanished!
Yellow-browed Warbler - 2nd found and 3rd seen on patch

Yellow-browed Warbler

Ring Ouzel - a 1st on patch "just"

Ring Ouzel

Whinchat

Wheatear

Common Chiffchaff

No comments:

Post a Comment